Accurately and skilfully undertake the preparation and repainting of motor vehicles.
Fulfil all tasks to the customer’s complete satisfaction.
Detect and diagnose any additional faults for further repairs.
Ensure all work is completed safely and complies with retailer, manufacturer and industry guidelines.
- Safeguard the customer vehicle and its contents while in the workshop.
- Seek clarification in the event a work order is unclear or seems incorrect.
- Observe, recognise and report on vehicle paintwork. Report on the job card any/all faults or defects detected while working on the vehicle.
- Report any additional damage found when preparing the vehicle.
- Report accurately and correctly all components, materials, consumables and hours used on each vehicle repair, keeping wastage of all material and consumables to a minimum. Keep work area clean, tidy and free from hazards and ensure the oven is swept and cleaned before vacating.
- Carry out all repairs according to best practice procedures.
- Interpret and implement technical instruction data.
- Use all paint mixing schemes and drying areas/equipment accurately for all paint repairs.
- Complete assigned jobs with the estimated repair times.
- Meet acceptable safety and quality standards.
- Undertake all other tasks and activities as requested by the Bodyshop Manager.
- Adhere to any additional manufacturer requirements.
- Check the condition and ensure the correct maintenance of tools, equipment and other materials.
- Comply with/adhere to all Harwoods policies and procedures.
- Proof of Right to Work in the UK.
Experience & Technical Expertise
- Smart appearance and well mannered.
- Relevant repair experience essential.
- Full UK driving licence essential.
- Competency in numeracy, literacy and IT.
- Automotive Trade Accreditation (ATA) essential
We always aim to promote from within and offer a vibrant working environment and a focused and dedicated management team. Our AM award winning website is constantly evolving as we aim to stay at the forefront of technology and marketing practice.