Automotive retailer Harwoods Group, represents prestigious car brands Aston Martin, Audi, Bentley, Jaguar and Land Rover, as well as the truck brand MAN. We have eighteen businesses across Sussex, Surrey, Kent and Hampshire.
Established since 1931, we are a successful and progressive third generation family owned business and rank #11 in the Sunday Times ‘Top Track 250’, which league tables the UK’s private companies with a turnover of <£650m and <5,000 staff. In 2016 our turnover was £630m and we employed 900 people.
Our vision is to ‘create memorable experiences’, as we believe our primary role is to add maximum value to the customer journey. We also aim to make working at Harwoods as memorable and enjoyable as possible and benefit from above average employee engagement.
With 98% of staff scoring positively when asked ‘I am fully committed to doing my best for the company”, we’re a safe bet for a job and career.
Harwoods Land Rover Pulborough is the Group’s longest established dealership and at the very heart of our organisation. Covering the Chichester, Horsham and Worthing areas, we employ an experienced team of over 50 staff, many of whom are long-standing employees.
The role ofthe Vehicle Technician is to:
- To diagnose, repair and service the range of manufacturer products in accordance with manufacturer’s work specifications.
- Through the use of diagnostic equipment and a systematic approach, ensure vehicle faults are diagnosed and rectified. Meet with customers to identify and clearly understand problems as and when required.
- Ensure full understanding of latest technology introduced on the vehicle range and how to diagnose and repair faults on them.
- Carry out diagnosis, repairs and servicing to the highest standards and to the appropriate specification.
- Ensure all work is carried out observing safe working practices of self and others.
- Liaise and seek advice from colleagues and supervisors in situations that are over and above work specified.
- Check level and quality of work through use of diagnostic equipment and road testing vehicles after work has been carried out. Liaise with Service Advisor.
- Complete relevant service documentation (job sheets, PDI’s, service reports) in line with brand standards, warranty and site requirements.
- Ensure that workshop housekeeping standards are maintained at all times including the use of special and personal tools.
All Harwoods employees are expected to comply with/adhere to all Harwoods policies and procedures and any additional manufacturer requirements relevant to their role.
- Proof of Right to Work in the UK.
- Relevant manufacturer experience.
Skills & Knowledge
- Full UK driving licence.
- Smart appearance.
- Competency in numeracy, literacy and IT.
- Level 1/2/3/4 certification (as required).
Harwoods has 5 key competencies which describe the behaviours expected of all employees. For this role we are looking for applicants who can demonstrate all of the competencies below at the level described, as per the attached competency framework.
Delivering Memorable Customer Service
Provides customer service which creates ‘memorable experiences’ through meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
High Performing Teams
Supports others to continuously improve performance. Seeks feedback on own performance, takes responsibility for own development & demonstrates Harwoods values.
Commercial and Operational Excellence
Understands the drivers of business performance and uses them to optimise commercial opportunities. Plans and manages processes, resources workflows efficiently.
Innovation & Improvement
Demonstrates openness to change and improvement. Proactively looks for more effective ways of doing things.
Knowledgeable of, aligned to and ambassador for the brand and adheres to brand standards.