Remaining fiercely independent in a market dominated by large Plcs, Harwoods has been able to offer customers unrivalled levels of care from both a sales and aftersales perspective.

From our state-of-the-art showrooms, to our impressive offering of prestigious brands - including Bentley, Aston Martin, Audi, Jaguar, Land Rover and BMW - and our range of dealerships across the South of England, we will be able to meet your motoring needs.

With strong links with the local communities forged over a number of years, the company has also built up a proud reputation for its support of charities, schools and fundraising initiatives.

Chairman Guy Harwood has made sure staff will always be at the forefront of the business and the company looks to promote from within with many of the team enjoying long careers at Harwoods.

We are proud of our manufacturers, our customers, our staff and our long list of exclusive affinity partners that now help us create the Harwoods Brand. We currently work with Goodwood Estates including the World Famous Motor Circuit, Goodwood Hotel and Spa, Goodwood House and The Kennels.

We have luxury hotel partners such as South Lodge and its Masterchef winning Kitchens, Cowdray Estate is the home of Polo and hosts the Gold Cup every year. With more to name we could talk all day but rest assured, Harwoods only Partner with companies that share our ethos of the customer coming first, on time and every time.

Creating Memorable Experiances

Harwoods established by Wally Harwood, father of the present Chairman, Guy Harwood, and based at London Road, Pulborough.

1931

Harwoods manufacture munitions at its Pulborough site, for the duration of World War II. The motor business continues to expand after 1945.

1939-1945

Guy Harwood began riding out for Ryan Price at Findon at the age of 18, Guy would go on to win 40 point to point winners and 14 National Hunt Races. Over the next few years he started working as a pupil assistant trainer to Bryan Marshall when he was 21 and five years later in 1965 he commenced training under permit.

Pre-1965

The present Harwoods head office site at London Road is purchased and developed. It originally consisted of a bicycle repair shop and just three petrol pumps.

Guy Harwood purchases Coombelands Farm which at the time was an arable and dairy farm. Guy Harwood soon established this into Coombelands Racing Stables which would become a state of the art training complex and succeeded in attracting some of the finest horses and biggest owners in the world. Guy went on to train over 1600 winners including 30 group 1 winners and the great Dancing Brave.

1965

The Land Rover Centre at Pulborough is redeveloped to cater for the ever increasing range of models.

1989

Guy Harwood joins the garage business full time. The size and profile of the Group is increased as is the investment and management structure.

1989

Jaguar relocates from Pulborough to a new state of the art facility at Terminus Road, Chichester.

1997

Harwoods are awarded the Aston Martin franchise, to operate alongside Jaguar at Terminus Road, Chichester.

2002

Basingstoke moves to a purpose built site in the Houndmills Plaza to home Jaguar and Land Rover along with Manufacturer Servicing for BMW, Mini, Subaru & Isuzu

2009

A new vision for Harwoods with a 2020 plan in place and the launch of our first fully dynamic website to compliment further the brands we represent.

2015

January – Harwoods open new Arch concept for Jaguar Land Rover Crawley. The new site offers a number of significant customer improvements including drive through service area, increased car parking, more used cars and a spacious, welcoming customer area including a barista bar with refreshments available throughout the day.

2017