Harwoods Group is an automotive retailer representing prestigious car brands; Aston Martin, Audi, Bentley, Jaguar and Land Rover together with the truck brand MAN.We have a total of eighteen businesses providing sales and aftersales services across Sussex, Surrey, Kent and Hampshire.
Established since 1931, we are a successful and progressive third generation family owned business.In 2017 our turnover was £630m and we employed 900 people.We rank #6 in the Sunday Times ‘Top Track 250’, which league tables the UK’s private companies with a turnover of <£650m and <5,000 staff.
Our vision is to ‘create memorable experiences’.In other words, we believe that our role is to ensure our valued customers are offered the best possible experience in their interactions with our company.We feel it is equally important that our staff are well supported and are able to deliver these experiences working as one cohesive team.
With 98% of staff scoring positively when asked ‘I am fully committed to doing my best for the company”, we’re a safe bet for a job and a career.
Harwoods Southampton Accident Repair Centre was purchased by the Group in 2004 and relocated to new, modern premises in 2008.Covering most of Hampshire and some areas of Wiltshire and Sussex, the team consists of just under 30 staff.The Centre holds Audi, Bentley, Fiat Group, Honda, Nissan, Renault, Seat, Skoda and VW approvals and obtained the BSI 10125 kitemark in 2013.In addition to motor vehicles, three light aircraft, bespoke kitchen units and designer household radiators have also been painted here!
The role ofthe Bodyshop Paint Operative is to:
- Accurately and skilfully undertake the preparation and repainting of motor vehicles.Detect and diagnose any additional faults for further repairs.
- Ensure all work is completed safely and complies with retailer, manufacturer and industry guidelines.
- Safeguard the customer vehicle and its contents while in the workshop.
- Seek clarification in the event a work order is unclear or seems incorrect.
- Observe, recognise and report on vehicle paintwork.Report on the job card any/all faults or defects detected while working on the vehicle.Report any additional damage found when preparing the vehicle.
- Report accurately and correctly all components, materials, consumables and hours used on each vehicle repair, keeping wastage of all material and consumables to a minimum.Keep work area clean, tidy and free from hazards and ensure the oven is swept and cleaned before vacating.
- Use all paint mixing schemes and drying areas/equipment accurately for all paint repairs.
- Interpret and implement technical instruction data.
- Carry out all repairs according to best practice procedures.Complete assigned jobs with the estimated repair times.Meet acceptable safety and quality standards.
- Check the condition and ensure the correct maintenance of tools, equipment and other materials.
- Undertake all other tasks and activities as requested by the Bodyshop Manager.
All Harwoods employees are expected to comply with/adhere to all Harwoods policies and procedures and any additional manufacturer requirements relevant to their role.
- Proof of Right to Work in the UK.
Skills & Knowledge
- Full UK driving licence.
- Smart appearance.
- Competency in numeracy and literacy.
- Automotive Trade Accreditation (ATA).
Harwoods has 5 key competencies which describe the behaviours expected of all employees.For this role we are looking for applicants who can demonstrate all of the competencies below at the level described, as per the attached competency framework.
Delivering Memorable Customer Service
Provides customer service which creates ‘memorable experiences’ through meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
High Performing Teams
Supports others to continuously improve performance. Seeks feedback on own performance, takes responsibility for own development & demonstrates Harwoods values.
Commercial and Operational Excellence
Understands the drivers of business performance and uses them to optimise commercial opportunities. Plans and manages processes, resources workflows efficiently.
Innovation & Improvement
Demonstrates openness to change and improvement. Proactively looks for more effective ways of doing things.
Knowledgeable of, aligned to and ambassador for the brand and adheres to brand standards.