Harwoods Group is an automotive retailer representing prestigious car brands; Aston Martin, Audi, Bentley, Jaguar and Land Rover together with the truck brand MAN.We have a total of eighteen businesses providing sales and aftersales services across Sussex, Surrey, Kent and Hampshire.
Established since 1931, we are a successful and progressive third generation family owned business.In 2017 our turnover was £630m and we employed 900 people.We rank #6 in the Sunday Times ‘Top Track 250’, which league tables the UK’s private companies with a turnover of <£650m and <5,000 staff.
Our vision is to ‘create memorable experiences’.In other words, we believe that our role is to ensure our valued customers are offered the best possible experience in their interactions with our company.We feel it is equally important that our staff are well supported and are able to deliver these experiences working as one cohesive team.
With 98% of staff scoring positively when asked ‘I am fully committed to doing my best for the company”, we’re a safe bet for a job and a career.
Harwoods Land Rover Pulborough is
the Group’s longest established dealership and at the very heart of our
organisation. Covering the Chichester, Horsham and Worthing
areas, we employ an experienced team of over 50 staff, many of whom are
The role ofthe Used Car Controller is to:
- Be responsible for the sale and control of used vehicles through the business.
- To sell the maximum number of used vehicles via the use of an effective sales process, whilst at the same time achieve the best profit for the business.
- Ensure sales opportunities are maximised for the full range of manufacturer products and services including accessories, warranties, service and finance.
- Plans and organises own daily selling activities to create additional sales opportunities.
- Maintains regular contact with all existing customers to ensure that relationships are maintained for potential repeat business.
- Works with colleagues and other teams across the business to deliver high levels of customer service.
- Carry out accurate appraisals of all vehicles offered for part exchange and agree a price with the customer and Sales Manager.
- Manage the preparation and handover of sold vehicles to customers ensuring that the customer is given a full briefing on the operation of the vehicle and its controls. Introduce customers to aftersales staff in order that they are aware of the facilities and procedures.
- Develop and maintain full product knowledge of all products, accessories, prices and key features of major competitors.
- Ensure all customer information, sales activities, vehicle documentation and other relevant information is kept and maintained accurately and comprehensively.Maintain the showroom environment and external displays to agreed standards.
- Plans and contributes to local marketing activities within the overall business plan.
All Harwoods employees are expected to comply with/adhere to all Harwoods policies and procedures and any additional manufacturer requirements relevant to their role.
- Proof of Right to Work in the UK.
- Motor industry experience.
- Relevant manufacturer experience.
Skills & Knowledge
- Full UK driving licence.
- Smart appearance.
- Excellent numeracy and literacy.
- Competency in IT.
- Knowledge of the used car marketplace.
Harwoods has 5 key competencies which describe the behaviours expected of all employees.For this role we are looking for applicants who can demonstrate all of the competencies below at the level described, as per the attached competency framework.
Delivering Memorable Customer Service
Provides customer service which creates ‘memorable experiences’ through meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
High Performing Teams
Supports others to continuously improve performance. Seeks feedback on own performance, takes responsibility for own development & demonstrates Harwoods values.
Commercial and Operational Excellence
Understands the drivers of business performance and uses them to optimise commercial opportunities. Plans and manages processes, resources workflows efficiently.
Innovation & Improvement
Demonstrates openness to change and improvement. Proactively looks for more effective ways of doing things.
Knowledgeable of, aligned to and ambassador for the brand and adheres to brand standards.